My Favourite Lipgloss

Hannah here internet beauties!

My first official post on here I thought should be dedicated to my favourite beauty find of the moment; Revlon Super Lustrous™ Lipgloss.

For me these are the holy grail of lipglosses! In my time as a beauty junkie I've always hated lipglosses because they either have very little colour pay off, zero staying power or just general do not feel nice on the lips. In fact my most trusted lipgloss (until I sadly lost it) was a non-branded clear gloss I got free from a magazine.

However I was watching a few Youtube videos and saw the Revlon Super Lustrous™ Lipgloss in the shade 'Kiss Me Coral'. I do love a coral lip and was struck with how beautiful the colour looked in it's packaging and how expensive it looked despite it's drugstore pricetag (v. Chanel-esque).




I applied this lipgloss the evening I bought it and wore it to work (the ultimate test). It ticked quite a few boxes with me upon first application: Pigmented colour, a consistency which was just thick enough without being gloopy and easy to apply with it's doe-foot applicator. After wear I noticed that while it was wearing off (unavoidable) it did take a while for this to happen and it did it evenly - my only real hate for lip products is the way they wear off in the middle of the lip first leaving an awkward line around the edges.

Since first buying this ultimate-summer-shade I have worn it practically everyday. It goes with basically everything and looked especially striking worn over my Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in Téhéran.

The second shade Fatal Apple offers similar pigmentation and consistency as Kiss Me Coral. However because of it's colour it does come up a bit patchy on the first application. A second coat does hide this and again it wears off evenly.



                                                                  Left: Kiss Me Coral        Right: Fatal Apple

I fully recommend these glosses for ultra glossy lips.

1 comments:

Vanessa N said...

Yeah, I love Revlon packaging because it looks so, so classy for it's price point!

Both shades are really pretty, but yeah, all products do kinda wear off unevenly, especially if they're glossy :(

Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author