Top 20 Songs #01

So I thought that I would share with you what top 20 songs I have been loving at the moment. I will not go a day without jumping on my bed putting my headphones on and listening to music. Even if it has been a jam-packed day I will still find a few minutes to play a few of my favourite songs before dozing off.

I have my top 20 favourite songs in a Spotify playlist and I change it around quite regularly because I will play a song on repeat for a lifetime until I get sick of it and start listening to something else.

You'll notice that I listen to every genre out there and I can't tie myself down to one. (The beginning of my commitment issues..) The songs here aren't all recent or well known but these are the ones I'm listening to on a daily basis. It is very much all over the place but that's just me!


Ed Sheeran - I See Fire
Yes I watch The Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings. When this song started playing at the end of The Desolation Of Smaug film I was hooked! Such a beautiful song, great for relaxing to.


Lorde - 400 Lux
This was recently played in a Made In Chelsea episode and I was so happy. They always have good music on that show. I'm not a big Lorde fan but this came on shuffle on Spotify one day and I haven't stopped listening to it since.


Tame Impala - Feels Like We're Only Going Backwards
The cover of this by Alex Turner is really good. They're playing at Finsbury Park this month as well. (I have tickets YAY) But in all seriousness they are so talented and their sound is really unique.


Arctic Monkeys - Stop The World I Wanna Get Off With You
This is my absolute favourite AM song at the moment. It has been for a while. If this isn't on the set list for Finsbury Park I'll scream. Don't care if it's a B-Side it's perfect.


Miles Kane - Give Up
This was written about his ex-girlfriend and I can't get enough. Amazing sound and I can only picture him singing this in his red suit so yeah. That just adds to my love for it really. 


Royal Blood - Come On Over
I discovered these because of Finsbury Park (Yes I know this is the third time mentioning it but I'm really excited okay) and I'm do glad I did. Can't wait to see them live.


Iggy Azalea - Fancy
I fell in love with the music video before the song. Who doesn't love a clueless reincarnation? 


Eminem - Bad Guy
He's just great. Say no more.


The Neighbourhood - Let It Go
I found this song before I found out they'd released Sweater Weather so seeing as this is the song that made me fall for them, it's still my favourite.


Hurricane - MSMR
My dad has good music taste. He really does actually he introduced me to Fall Out Boy years ago and I grew up listening to Nirvana and The Foo Fighters. So thanks again for pulling it out of the bag dad! Great song choice.


Britt Nicole - The Sun Is Rising
Abi and I recently saw the film The Other Woman (great film absolutely hilarious I nearly fell off my chair laughing) and this song was played during a really cute moment. So we both scoured the internet until Abi texted me the song. It's so lovely.


Shakira - Empire
After she performed this on the voice quite a while ago I have been listening to it. Girl crush!


Royal Teeth - Wild
I can't remember how I found this song but it just happened to be in my top 20 playlist. I have a feeling it's because I really liked the intro haha.


Blue Foundation - Eyes On Fire
I've had this song in my music collection for years now. I found it through the Twilight film. (Yes, something good did actually come from that disastrous vampire film) I rediscovered it the other week. I'd forgotten how good it was!


Plumb - Don't Deserve You
I was trying to find a film on YouTube and ended up on a fan video of a tv couple (I think) with this song in the background and I instantly took a liking to it. Hunted around a bit for what song they used and voila!


Phantogram - Blackout Days
This was in a tv programme I was watching and I absolutely loved it! (Most of the songs I like I find through films or tv shows) Although it's not on Spotify so I have to listen to this on YouTube instead.


American Authors - Best Day Of My Life
From that one advert... I didn't look hard enough for this song when I heard it on an advert so I waited for it to surface in the charts. And it did!


Lea Michele - Burn With You
I have to say I wasn't expecting this album to be any good but this song is great. It's really nice love song, it's a bit different but I love the idea of the relationship she sings about.


Arctic Monkeys - The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala
This album has been playing in my car for the past week (thank you Holly!) and I always skip back to this song.


Daughtry - Waiting For Superman
I love a good superhero related song and this one is beautiful. 

What are the songs you're loving? 

Emma x

0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author