Favourites #02


Hello everyone!

Sorry for the complete lack of blog posts from myself recently, I'm sat here trying to come up with some sort of excuse when in reality I just haven't got round to it... woops! But hey-ho, you've had the wonderful Emma and Hannah to keep you entertained!

Well then, lets get to the actual post shall we.

I'm doing this months favourites post and deciding what to put on this post changed about every 10 minutes as I just seem to love everything at the moment, but here is what I settled on:

 
#1 The album Given To The Wild by The Maccabees (released in 2012)




 
I had completely forgotten my love for this album until my Dad put it on one evening whilst we were preparing dinner. My immediate reaction was 'how on earth had I forgotten about this!?' It's just such a beautifully put together album; with the intro beginning fairly quietly and with a sort of sultry feel to it as it crescendos (ooo fancy word- thank you GCSE music) gradually adding the guitar and slow, but prominent drums. It draws you in, giving the album a brilliant foundation for the rest of the tracks which are all equally as enchanting. If you're like me and you'd not listened to this album in a while, then give it a re-listen and if you've not heard it before, well, you're in for a treat. My advice would be not to put it on shuffle; listen to it in the order the put it in and just escape the rest of the world for the 52 minutes and 51 seconds the album lasts for.



... 



#2 Brown leather and cork heals from Next  
  
So I was shopping with my very good friend Matilda, having a little nosey around. 
I said 'Matilda, I'm just going to have a look, not going to buy anything today because I need to save money and stuff'. 
'Yeah, good idea' Matilda replied.

...about 3 seconds later...

'Oooo, these shoes are gorgeous, look look... I'm going to try them on... don't let me buy them whatever I say, okay? I'm JUST trying them on'

Yep. We all know what happens next. There I was stood outside, Next bag in hand and £40 lighter. It all happened very fast. I blame Matilda. But, in all seriousness they are A mazing and only £40! Bargain! They're even made in Italy, out of real leather and are super comfy (like rreeaallllyy comfy, so comfy it was worth double letters all they way through really) and I love them and that is all.








...





#3 Farmors chokladkaka (which translates as Grandma's chocolate cake)
 My Grandmother and mother have made this particular type of cake as far back as I can remember and I am still not bored of it. When ever I've taken it anywhere I always get asked for the recipe. It's a bit like David Gandy, but in cake form. Not sure if thats the best description but I really like this cake and also David Gandy, so yeah, it works; in my head at least. (if you don't know who he is google him right now, you will not regret it... unless you're not particularly attracted to men in which case you can just admire his fantastic physique) 



This particular cake was made by my little brother, I 'helped' (mostly eating the batter)



It's fairly easy to cook too! If you would like to give it a go, here is the recipe (aren't I nice?)

You will need: 
-A greased cake tin; we usually use a long thin one, like the ones you use for bread. 
-A decilitre (dl) cup: if you don't have one of these a decilitre is a tenth of a litre, 100ml. Get a metric measuring jug and fill it to 100ml for 1dl, 200ml for 2dl, etc.
-A teaspoon (tsp) measurement thing- not sure what to call or, or you could use an actual teaspoon I guess.
-A sauce pan
-Cocoa, Milk, Sugar, Butter, 2 eggs, Vanilla sugar (we have a special one you can buy in Sweden, but it is not essential so if you don't have anything similar then it can do without), Plain Flour and Baking powder.

Instructions: 
-Set the oven to 160 degrees. 
-Mix 1dl of cocoa, 2.25dl of Milk and 1.25dl of sugar in a saucepan on a medium heat. Bring it up to almost boiling then set it to one side to cool down. Try not to let it actually boil.
-Whilst the cocoa is cooling beat together 125g of butter and 1.5dl of sugar until it has a fluffy consistency. 
-Add and beat the eggs in one at a time, and then add 1.5tsp of vanilla sugar. 
-Next add 3.5dl of plain flour and 1.5tsp of baking powder, mix this is with the cocoa mix you left to cool earlier. 
TIP: don't over mix it! 
-Finally, put the mixture into your greased cake tin and pop it in the oven (if you don't have a fan oven, place it near the bottom)
-After 30-45 minutes check your cake to see if it has cooked all the way through, if it isn't keep checking ever 5 minutes or so afterwards until cooked.

Enjoy!! 



...




Has anything caught your eye this month that you're dying to share with someone? Let us know! 



Becca x



0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author