Summer Nails



Another season, another set of nail colours to wear! The nail varnish junkie never rests.
A very recent purchase has been the Gelly Hi-Shine Polish by Barry M in Guava. I love the fruity names of this collection and they definitely remind me of tropical settings (or just tropical flavoured ice pops by a British beach) This was a really fun colour to wear which I enjoyed spicing up monochrome ensembles with. Surprisingly this is my first experience of the Gelly Hi-Shine collection which is so often raved about in the blogosphere; and I definitely felt it lived up to the hype. However after removing it today I was concerned that my nails looked more dehydrated than usual; though that could easily just be down to my own nails? Let me know if you've had this problem?
A classic Barry M Nail Paint which had been left overlooked for a long time. This reminds me of days I would 'accidentally' forget to remove my nail varnish for school and be sent to the Head of Year's office to get nail varnish remover. Oh rebellion! In the shade Shocking Pink this is such a perfect statement pink which would be so fun to match your lippy with. Perfect with a tan and a definite toe colour winner!
This one I loved at the very end of spring and still can't get enough of! The Models Own speckle polish in Swan is the perfect compromise for those who are still mourning the loss of Cadbury Mini Eggs from our shelves. The formulation is classic Models Own and I cannot fault it. As you would expect two coats are needed for it to be opaque, but this doesn't impact the final look of the 'speckle' design. This is of course an illamasqua dupe but for beauty on a budget I cannot fault the Models Own offering.
Finally the perfect summer nautical shade: OPI Dating A Royal. Produced as part of the 'royal baby' hype last year I instantly purchased with much thought for the colour. After having a play I think this colour would be great for all year round. However, when I was choosing the selection for this post I decided that this just screamed sailor! Would suit all skin tones and compliment a breton stripe top to perfection!

0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author